Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Object Poem: Draft One

We had to write a poem for an English class I am taking this semester and here is my first draft... I kind of like it, actually. The assignment was to write about an object and how it relates to yourself, so I chose my glasses. It was kind of amusing, seeing as how a few days ago, I lost them and I had to spend a day without them, which proved to be more difficult than I thought it would be.
I may or may not be updating this with changes, so we'll see how the editing process goes and I'll see what people have to say about it. There are a few people that I'd like to get critiques from before I do too much editing... but you can read it. Hope you enjoy!

Pieces of glass
surrounded by metal
fit firmly around my face.
They have become
attached, forever a part of
me.

Without them, I
cannot see the world
so clearly. The
light filters through
the optics and I can see.

This piece of metal,
plastic and glass changes
my vision.
Lines are no longer blurry
and colours are no longer
spots. With one addition,
I feel human
again.



I do hope you enjoyed this and I also apologise for not posting in quite awhile. I've been busy with classes and hopefully with this English class I'm taking, I'll actually be writing stuff worth posting and posting it.

No comments: