Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Brief Comments on Previous Piece

I noticed a few things when I was writing the piece I shared. These are in no particular order.
  • Sharpe clips the end of his sentences short when he's annoyed. Michael also does this on a number of occasions, particularly with the twins.
  • Sharpe breaks the promise he made to himself. Not just once, but twice. In canon. The first time is in A Christmas to Remember. Second time is when the fellowship et al is all grown up... well, they're in university.
  • The Altons live on Chestnut Avenue, which is the same street that the Liu family, the Adams family and the Johnsons live on.
  • Sharpe dislikes his middle name, but he hates his first name.
  • I kind of skipped through most of Sharpe's background in an attempt to get the story idea finished.
  • There seems to be a common idea of "explaining things" in what I write.
  • I really like naming my fictional characters after people... well sometimes. A lot of them share names with other literary characters (I should make an entry about names sometime).
  • I don't edit for continuity or making sense when I write things late at night.
  • I also noticed I listen to certain music when I am writing different characters.
But yeah. Now I need to go back and edit that piece for continuity and stylistics. Bleh. And work on chapter six of Snapshots, which has been started. I ended up deciding to go watch Star Wars last night with friends instead of writing (and then I came back and wrote half a page), so it was all good.

No comments: