Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Random Little Factiods

Here's a list of random little factiods...

  • Michael plays violin and is known for enjoying and being much better at the faster pieces than the slower pieces. Andy also plays violin, but plays the faster pieces in a much slower tempo.
  • Emiko has a half-sister, Hana Rei, who lives in England and goes to school with Callisto Verity and Donovan Isaacs.
  • Sharpe used to play an instrument (though I'm still not sure which one). He doesn't anymore. I'm soliciting feedback if anyone cares to answer.
  • A number of my characters share birthdays with people I know or with "famous dead guys" (Dr. Shasthri, Sharpe). None of my characters have the same birthday I do.
  • Evan Saunders has the most stereotypically American family: dad, mom, two kids (brother and sister), family pet. Scott and Samantha's family also follows this pattern.
  • Hideaki, Emiko, Tyler, Marie, Aislynn Celeste and Sharpe all come from "non-typical" homes. They were either adopted, in foster care, lived with relatives or have single parents.
  • The largest families in my stories are the Liu family (two parents and five kids, two of whom are adopted), the Wilson family (five kids and one parent), the Page family (six kids, two parents and one cousin) and the McAllistair family (two parents and eight kids).
  • Forum Philosophorum, the debate forum for controversial issues, was originally Sharpe's idea and he ran it. It was abolished in 2005 upon the insistence of Peter Screwtape. (Which reminds me that I'll have to share a brief snippet of a conversation between Sharpe and Kiran that I wrote...). I'm thinking the secondary staff sponsor is Shaun Ackerman, just because of the way he and Sharpe interact. That would be a lot of fun to write.
  • Aislynn Celeste was actually originally sort of a shapeshifter. She can change her natural coloring at will.
  • Emiko and Hideaki actually met each other in Japanese school and became friends there.

No comments: