Friday, December 5, 2008

Slightly OT: Halidailies

Slightly OT (off-topic), but I decided to do the Holidailies, which is the basic equivalent to NaNo of the blogging world... only over the holiday season instead of during the ever crazily insane month we all know and love as November. What one has to do is to write in the online journal every day (or at least try to) for at least fifty words and that’s about it. So I shall be updating this on a more regular basis.

My reasons for doing this are quite simple. First of all, I want to commit myself to writing more regularly. If I don’t write, then I won’t improve. Second of all, I’ll be off of school for a decent duration of the time period. Thirdly, I want to get in the habit of letting people know where my writing is going so I can be held more accountable for actually writing.

So what am I going to be doing in these entries? Since this is still my writing journal, this will be writing-oriented. I’ll be posting brief pieces of what I’ve been working on, commentary about various characters or IC (in character) surveys or other character exploration pieces. You may get a book or author review or commentary about music I enjoy listening to when I write, but most of this will be on-topic writing. I may also link to other stories that I've enjoyed reading (either on DA or fanfiction.net, most likely) and comment on what I like about them. Maybe have a featured author or something.

It’s not going to be completely random. Really.

No comments: